The GTA (Groups, Topology and Applications) research group at the University of the Basque Country in Bilbao, Spain, launches a call for internship positions in one of the following areas of interest of the group:
- p-Adic Anlaytic Groups (in charge of Jon Gonzalez-Sanchez)
- Automorphisms of rooted trees (in charge of Fernández Alcober)
- Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory (in charge of Federico Berlai)
The selected candidates will develop a research project under the guidance of a supervisor of the GTA group. The internships will last from 4 to 6 weeks in the period from May 22nd to June 30th, to be agreed between the candidate and his/her supervisor. The deadline for application is April 26th.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CANDIDATES
- Having completed at least four years of undergraduate+postgraduate studies in Mathematics not earlier than January 2015.
- Strong academic record.
- Special interest in one of the research areas of the GTA group.
- Full board accommodation during the internship.
- Travel expenses up to 250 euros.
- Possibility of applying for a PhD fellowship at the University of the Basque Country.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send an e-mail to the address email@example.com before April 26th, including the following information:
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae, and full academic record.
- Cover letter.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Date proposal for the internship.
All documents should be submitted in pdf format.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The selected candidates will be notified by e-mail on April 27th. There will be no communication to candidates which are not selected.
Jon Gonzalez Sanchez