os envío esta información por si es de vuestro interés,
Please distribute this among young researchers who may be interested.
A poster is attached.
This is an advertisement of a winter school in measured group theory,
with the dates February 1 – 12, 2016, at the Erwin Schrödinger
Institute, Vienna, Austria, organized by Miklos Abert, Goulnara
Arzhantseva, Damien Gaboriau, Thomas Schick and Andreas Thom.
The school is a part of the thematic program ‘Measured group theory’
held at ESI January 18 — March 18, 2016. See
www.uni-math.gwdg.de/schick/ESI16/esi16_1.html for details. The
program for the school is:
Week 1 (Feb 1 – 5):
- Gabor Elek: Sofic groups
- Yair Glasner: Spaces of subgroups and IRS
- Andrei Jaikin-Zapirain: An algebraic proof of the strong Atiyah conjecture for free groups
- Jesse Peterson: Character rigidity
- Brandon Seward: Sofic and Rokhlin entropy
Week 2 (Feb 8 – 12):
- Tsachik Gelander: Asymptotic invariants of lattices in Lie groups
- Francois le Maitre: Full groups, topological rank and cost
- Narutaka Ozawa: Noncommutative real algebraic geometry: Kazhdan’s property (T) and Connes’s embedding conjecture
- Todor Tsankov: Automorphism groups and their actions
- Robin Tucker-Drob: Borel and measured equivalence relations and trees
If you have any questions about the program, contact one of the
Applications to the school should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a young researcher, also ask a senior researcher (typically
your advisor) to send a short reference email to the same address. The
selected participants will be provided some financial support to cover
their local expenses. In exceptional cases, some financial support for
travel will also be provided.
The application email should contain the following information,
preferably following the format below:
- Your name:
- Research topic:
- Your advisor’s name (if you are a student):
- Weeks of the school you are applying to:
- Do you need per diem and/or travel support: