The GRECA research group at the University of the Basque Country in Bilbao, Spain, launches a call for two internship positions in one of the following areas of interest of the group:
- Group Theory (in charge of Gustavo A. Fernandez-Alcober, Jon Gonzalez-Sanchez)
- Character Theory of Finite Groups (in charge of Josu Sangroniz)
- Algebraic Combinatorics (in charge of Luis Martinez)
The selected candidates will develop a research project under the guidance of a supervisor of the GRECA group. The internships will last from 6 to 8 weeks in the period from June 3rd to July 31st and from September 2nd to October 31st, to be agreed between the candidate and his/her supervisor. The deadline for application is May 21st.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CANDIDATES
- Having completed at least four years of undergraduate+postgraduate studies in Mathematics not earlier than January 2011.
- Strong academic record.
- Special interest in one of the research areas of the GRECA group.
- Full board accommodation during the internship.
- Travel expenses up to 250 euros.
- Possibility of applying for a PhD fellowship at the University of the Basque Country.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send an e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org before May 21st, including the following information:
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae, and full academic record.
- Cover letter.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Date proposal for the internship.
All documents should be submitted in pdf format.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The selected candidates will be notified by e-mail on May 22nd. There will be no communication to candidates which are not selected.
Gustavo A. Fernández-Alcober