The GTA (Groups, Topology and Applications) research group at the University of the Basque Country in Bilbao, Spain, launches a call for internship positions in one of the following areas of interest of the group:
- p-Adic Anlaytic Groups (in charge of Jon Gonzalez-Sanchez)
- Automorphisms of rooted trees (in charge of Fernández Alcober)
- Combinatorial and Geometric Group Theory (in charge of Federico Berlai)
The selected candidates will develop a research project under the guidance of a supervisor of the GTA group. The internships will last from 4 to 6 weeks in the period from May 22nd to June 30th, to be agreed between the candidate and his/her supervisor. The deadline for application is April 26th.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE CANDIDATES
- Having completed at least four years of undergraduate+postgraduate studies in Mathematics not earlier than January 2015.
- Strong academic record.
- Special interest in one of the research areas of the GTA group.
- Full board accommodation during the internship.
- Travel expenses up to 250 euros.
- Possibility of applying for a PhD fellowship at the University of the Basque Country.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should send an e-mail to the address email@example.com before April 26th, including the following information:
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae, and full academic record.
- Cover letter.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Date proposal for the internship.
All documents should be submitted in pdf format.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The selected candidates will be notified by e-mail on April 27th. There will be no communication to candidates which are not selected.
Jon Gonzalez Sanchez
Se ha abierto el plazo de presentación de solicitudes para los
candidatos a un contrato postdoctoral en el Departamento de Álgebra de
la Universidad de Sevilla.
Fecha de presentación: del 3 al 24 de julio de 2015.
Más información (la solicitud de los candidatos es la parte B):
Por favor reenviad a los posibles interesados.
Director del Departamento de Álgebra
Universidad de Sevilla
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF THE BASQUE COUNTRY
The GRECA research group at the University of the Basque Country in Bilbao, Spain, seeks candidates to apply for a postdoctoral position in one of the following areas of interest of the group:
* Group Theory (in charge of Gustavo A. Fernandez-Alcober, Jon Gonzalez-Sanchez)
* Character Theory of Finite Groups (in charge of Josu Sangroniz)
* Algebraic Combinatorics (in charge of Luis Martinez)
The postdoctoral contract is for 12 months, and can be extended for another 12 months. The gross salary is 25,751 euros per year.
Requirements of the candidates:
* PhD degree in Mathematics obtained within the past three years (after May 2nd, 2010).
* Citizenship of a member state of the European Union.
* Two papers published or accepted for publication in journals included in the Journal Citation Reports.
* Not having been contracted with a postdoc position before in a Spanish university or research centre.
* Candidates should send a comprehensive curriculum vitae, along with names and contact information of two references to the following email address, before April 19th: firstname.lastname@example.org
* We will contact the selected candidate on April 22nd, in order to prepare with him/her the application to the postdoctoral position, which must be submitted before May 2nd. Applicants will be notified about the selection results within six months after this deadline.